Sea Urchin Custard
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using a stick bender, blend all ingredients until smooth consistency (this will take about 3-5 minutes).
- Once blended strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 8 ramekins (90mm ramekins).
- Wrap the ramekins individually and place in a baking pan.
- Fill the baking tray with warm water half way up the ramekins.
- Bake custard 100 degrees celsius for about 25min, or until custard only has a small wobble in the centre.
- Leave the custard to cool in fridge for a least 2 hours before serving.
- Heat deep fryer to 140C
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the garlic paper thin into the milk.
- Transfer the milk and garlic into a pot, place on stove and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, strain off milk through fine sieve and rinse off any excess milk under running water.
- Drain off excess water on paper towel.
- Deep fry garlic till crisp.
- Once crisp, transfer onto paper towel, to soak up excess oil and season with salt.
Sugar Snap Peas
- Pod peas, keeping all the shells.
- Blend the shells in a food processor then leave to hang in oil filter over a bucket for 4 hours.