Tuna with Davidson Plum
- Slice the tuna into 2cmx2cmx4cm blocks
- Reduce the chicken stock and Davidson plum juice by half.
- Rapidly mix in the cold, cubed butter until a thick glaze is formed.
- Season with red wine vinegar and salt.
- Allow tuna to temper to room temperature
- Brush with Davidson plum glaze.
- Dress with pickled wild garlic, a wild garlic flower and some slices of fresh Davidson plum.
Salmon Pearl Tartlet
Salmon pearls resting on Bonito cream on tartlet pastry
- Toast all spices and blend until powder.
- Combine dry ingredients
- Rough in diced butter
- Incorporate in water
- Kneed until smooth dough
- Divide and place in fridge
- Roll out very fine and line moulds
- Blind bake in a pre heated oven at 180c 10-12 mins
- Rest and then egg wash and seal for 1 more minute
**You can also buy a good shortcrust pastry.
- Infuse the cream in a sous vide bag over night
- Strain the bonito from the cream
- Season the cream with salt , lime juice and a pinch of cayenne
- Whip on speed 6 until it holds its on weight just past soft peaks.
Brined Salmon Pearls
- Add salt to water and bring to boil
- Rest for 1 hour
- Strain and cool
- Wash salmon roe 3 times
- Pour brine over pearls for 10 mins
- Drain and reserve
Rusty Wire Oyster, with Bone marrow crust
One dozen Oysters, Rusty Wire or ask your Ocean Made fishmonger what’s good on the day.
Bone Marrow Crust
- Roughly chop Marrow and reserve in fridge.
- Combine Bone marrow and rest of ingredients by hand
- Roll out in between two sheets of paper and set in the freezer
- Portion and Freeze
- Slice in pieces to just cover the oyster and put under the grill for 3 minutes.